With our Copper connection, you can ship key Sherlock metrics as properties to all of your people and companies in your Copper CRM. Having this data in Copper will allow you to use engagement data to drive your sales (and CS processes). Segment prospects and customers, trigger workflows, and more in Copper using your Sherlock data.
To learn what data we update in Copper, see this article:
To configure Sherlock <> Copper connection
It is very simple to get your Sherlock data into Copper.
- Go to your Sherlock Connections tab and select Copper
2. To auth into your Copper account you will need to add the email address attached to the API key in your Copper account (you can find that here).
3. Select the Sherlock scoring profiles you'd like to sync with Copper
And that's it. Your Sherlock data will start flowing to Copper immediately (although it may take several hours before you see it populating).
Updating Person or Company records in Copper
With our Copper integration, you will have two options for updating your People and Company records.
- Update existing records only: By default, Sherlock will only update records that already exist in Copper. When we sync Sherlock with Copper (how often we sync is based on your Sherlock plan), we will identify users and accounts that exist in both Sherlock and Copper and update those records with Sherlock metrics.
- Create new records from Sherlock: You have the option of also creating new records in Copper for any user or account that exist in Sherlock, but not in Copper. This is important if you don’t have another way to get users or accounts into Copper directly - you can handle that through Sherlock. If you want to create new Copper records from Sherlock, simply check the box for Create new person and company records in Copper when none are matched on the configuration page in Sherlock.
- We match user <> person records based on email address.
- We match accounts <> companies based on name. We look for a Company name in Copper that matches the Account display name in Sherlock (see image below):
Using Sherlock data in Copper workflows, reports, and automations
Having Sherlock data as attributes on your Copper records will allow you to use this data - like any other property in Copper - to create filters, reports, automations, and workflows.
- Want to create a task for your sales team when a trial account reaches 50% activation? You can now do that.
- Want to send an email when a user's engagement drops over 20 points? You can now do that.
This is all possible now that your Sherlock data is in Copper.
Link to Copper profile pages from Sherlock profiles
When you connect Sherlock with Copper, you can easily link to the Copper profile from a Sherlock profile page.